We are very proud of our 9 junior teams and wish them all the best for Season 2017/18.
PROGRAMS / FIXTURES for our Summertown Junior teams Season 2017/18 are:
SEASON DATES – there are 13 rounds/weeks in the Junior 2017/18 Season, which are:
- Minor rounds:
Start 20/21 October – 15/16 December 2017 [9 weeks]
Re-start 2/3 February – 23/24 February 2018 [4 weeks]
- Semi Finals: 2/3 March 2018
- Preliminary Final: 16/17 March 2018
- Grand Final: 24 March 2018.
– No matches Adelaide Cup Long weekend (9/10 March) and finishing before Easter.
COACHING – all Coaching session for Season 2017/18 are on Tuesday evenings – refer to Coaching page for more details. One coaching session per week is included in all STC Junior Fees.
Why low-compression balls are perfect for 10 & under players – PARENTS of children aged 10 and under – this is a great diagram to help understand the theory of use of lower compression balls for smaller children i.e. red, orange and green balls:.
Orange Ball Guidelines – Tennis Australia
- Red Ball (mixed) – players aged 6 & under as at 30 September of the current season. One coaching session per week during the tennis season.
- Orange ball (mixed) – players aged 8 & under as at 30 September of the current season. This is a modified competition. No player aged 6 and under is permitted to play without an ‘Exceptional Talent Permit’.
- Green ball (mixed) – players aged 10 & under as at 30 September of the current season. Players aged 10 and under cannot play in the yellow ball competition without an ‘Exceptional Talent Permit’. These divisions play finals. Match Format – first to 6 games win.
- Yellow ball (boys & girls separate) – players aged 17 & under as at 30 September of the current season.
- Permits may be applied for
Tennis Fee information for STC can be found on the Player Information webpage.